I repost here an article that comes from my old blog because there are customers that asks me something about this topic. I’ve received some years ago a copy of a survey conducted by Keystone Strategy llc about the impact of Microsoft Dynamics and SAP on the enterprise.
Users of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, SAP All-in-One, and SAP R/3 at approximately 100 companies (randomly selected) were asked about their experiences with Microsoft and SAP applications across different categories of business productivity.
I’m not a fan of these types of surveys but I want to post here the results because they could help someone to make the right choice for his business.
1) Usability measures the user’s perception of how easy the applications are to use, how “in command” of the application a user feels, how easy it is to navigate in the software, and how much the user enjoys using the software.
2) Familiarity measures the user’s perception of how intuitive the application feels, how easy it is to learn, how quickly they can become profi cient with the application, and how comfortable they feel using it.
3) Transactional Efficiency measures the user’s perception of how easy it is to execute common and repetitive tasks, the efficiency of the interface as it pertains to those common tasks, and the speed and reliability of the software.
4) Flexibility measures the user’s perception of how easy it is to execute infrequent or unusual tasks in the application, how easily the software can be adapted to meet specifi c new business needs and processes, and how agile the software is in handling problems that arise unexpectedly. (this is the real advantage of the Dynamics line I think!)
5) Business Insight measures the user’s perception of how well the software enables easy and comprehensive reporting, access to real-time information, visibility into cross-departmental information, and the ability to gauge the impact of business decisions.
6) Collaboration measures the user’s perception of how the software helps them work and communicate with their colleagues; share and review work; and communicate with suppliers, partners, and customers.
Despite the results above, Microsoft Dynamics family has the great advantage to be “ready to be easily modeled as your business needs“, a plus that the modern business needs always more.