We have received in this last month lots of requests about our upcoming “Mastering Dynamics 365 Business Central” book, published by Packt:
The book was planned to be released on the second half of August, but unfortunately due to a change in the management team inside Packt company (unpredictable), our book release date is delayed. I’ve explained this to all the people that contacted me directly, via email or via social networks in this month, but I think it’s much better to write an official post here.
I’m so sorry for this delay because it doesn’t depend by us. We’ve completed the work (and it’s a huge work!), 18 chapters (more than 500 pages, lots of code) full of development related contents with lots of contributions also by other MVPs and Microsoft’s people (we’ll mention all of them later, a special thanks to all for their help on this project).
We’re now working hard with the Packt management team in order to speed up the release process as soon as possible. The goal is to release it in September. In the meanwhile, here is the book’s content:
- Overview of Dynamics 365 Business Central platform
- Dynamics 365 Business Central sandbox environments to the max
- Mastering Modern Development Environment
- Extension development fundamentals
- Developing a customized solution for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Advanced AL development
- Report development with AL
- Installing and Upgrading extensions
- Debugging extensions
- Automated Tests Development with AL
- Source Code Management and DevOps with Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Business Central APIs
- Serverless business processes with Dynamics 365 Business Central and Azure
- Monitoring, scaling and CI/CD with Azure Functions for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Business Central and integration with the Microsoft Power Platform
- Dynamics 365 Business Central and Machine Learning
- Moving existing ISV solutions to the new extension model
- Useful and proficient tools for AL developers
Stay tuned for more news in the next weeks. When we’ll have an official release date, I will be happy to write again an official launch post here.
Thanks to all and again sorry for this delay…