With the the announce of the first beta of Visual Studio 2005 SP1, Bill Somasegar has give the response to some of the hottest questions of this period: what will be the support for Visual Studio on Vista?
Here a brief resume:
- Vista will support Visual Studio 2005
- Windows Vista will ship with the .NET Framework 3.0 pre-installed
- They will not support Visual Studio .NET 2002 or Visual Studio .NET 2003 as development environments on Windows Vista
- Will be possible to run .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0 application on Vista
- Will be possible to use Visual Studio .NET 2002 or 2003 on Windows XP to develop applications that can run on Windows Vista